Professionals are signing up to join LinkedIn at a rate of more than two new members per second.
LinkedIn is an online professional network that has gathered 238 million members worldwide in the last 10 years. Individual members upload resume information, connect with professional acquaintances, join groups with similar interests and follow companies. News sites are calling it big data meets human resources and it’s time for your business to jump in.
Five reasons your business should have a Company Page on LinkedIn:
- Connect your employees together under the same banner. This grows your company brand and individual profiles and builds a larger, stronger network of professional connections on a reputable platform
- Promote your business (for free!) by advertising services and products to millions of LinkedIn members
- Recruit new staff on a trusted, professional forum where job ads are easily sharable between associates and their connections
- Share news and updates with company status updates. Regular updates promote your acheivements, link back to your company website or blog, and increase your company’s visability to search engines like Google
- Increase credibility… your competitors are already there! In August 2013 there were 3 million LinkedIn business pages (see infographic below)
Long, skinny infographic!